The Gospel is Changing Lives!
“This same Good News that came to you is going out all over the world. It is bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives, just as it changed your lives from the day you first heard and understood the truth about God’s wonderful grace” (Colossians 1:6, NLT).
The Gospel is the Good News of forgiveness of sins and salvation from its consequences – sicknesses and diseases, strained relationships, bad governance, poverty, death, etc., which God offers to those who believe in the person and sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The apostle Paul taught that the Gospel, either preached or demonstrated through deeds of love is going out all over the world and bearing fruit everywhere by changing lives. The Gospel is not just the door to heaven, it is the path we must take all the days of our lives here on earth. The Gospel of Christ is enough for our salvation and for the day-to-day struggles and challenges that we face. It is through the Gospel that believers grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ. The Gospel reveals more and more the glory and grace and power of God and reveals more and more the evil in believers’ hearts. Friend, our prayer for you is that you will have complete confidence in the Gospel, and that you will experience the presence of Christ in your life and home and ministry each day of this new month, Amen.
Training News! Due to low enrolment of candidates, the two courses scheduled to begin in September were postponed. The sad incidents of killings in Jos and environs in August and the fearful news carried by the media prevented those who had earlier indicated interests from joining the courses. And our attempts to get candidates from nearby communities also proved abortive. Having a peaceful environment is fundamental to running mission training like NEMI. Please pray for sustained peace in Jos and the entire Plateau State so that God’s plan may not be hindered. Meanwhile, the postponements gave the Principal and the Administrative/Finance Secretary an opening to participate in a workshop put together by NEMA for Church/Mission Administrators in the Nigeria’s capital, Abuja, from Tuesday, September 21 to Saturday 25. The workshop highlights the crucial role of Administrators in Christian ministries and their responsibilities in facilitating the smooth running of their organizations.
35th Anniversary/ 2021 Graduation! The 35th anniversary/graduation is fast approaching, and planning is on-going. We expect to see all alumni, Church and Mission leaders, resident and adjunct teachers, friends and neighbours come to celebrate God’s goodness with NEMI. This celebration is inevitable because against all odds training of potential missionaries for missions has continued in NEMI. God is in it, so the vision lives on.
Plans for October 2021! The Foundation Training for Cross-Cultural Ministries (FTCM) will continue as trainees are expected to be back in school later in October. Then they will continue classroom learning with the course, Christian Marriage and Home. Principal shall attend the fourth module of the Church and Community Mobilization Process (CCMP) in Jos, by the middle of the month. Harvesting of some farm produce will also commence later this month.
Sign up for our Courses: NEMI offers the following capacity-building courses:
- Foundation Training for Cross-cultural Ministry (FTCM): The FTCM is designed to equip those called to missionary service for effective cross-cultural ministry. It is a one-year certificate course that runs from January to December annually. Course Fee: N150,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira only). Participants will prepare their own meals.
- Bachelor of Arts in Intercultural Studies (BAIS): This is a modular training for different categories of Gospel workers, especially those in the leadership positions of church denominations and mission agencies. Christian Mission is dynamic, therefore Christian workers must keep abreast of current trends in global missions. The BAIS runs twice a year: May – June and October – November, for three years. The BAIS affords participants opportunity to work and learn simultaneously. Course Fee: N260,000 (Two hundred and Sixty Thousand Naira only). Participants will prepare their own meals.
- En Route: Ten weeks certificate course designed to provide participants with a concise, intensive, and practical mission training for ministry fruitfulness. En Route will inspire vision in Christians from all walks of life and reignite passion in practicing missionaries. Course Fee: N50,000 (Fifty Thousand Naira only). Participants will prepare their own meals.
- Working Your Way to the Nations: This is a weekend (12 weekends) online mission course for Christian professionals from all walks of life that intend to use their businesses, skills, trade, professions, etc., as tools for God’s mission. Course fee: N60,000 (Sixty Thousand Naira only).
NEMI Needs Your Help!
- School Fees: On the average, NEMI recruits Fifteen FTCM candidates, Three BAIS candidates, and Twelve En Route candidates, altogether, NEMI trains about thirty candidates for missions annually. However, with God’s help and more financial support, that number can become minimum of fifty trained missionaries annually. Many people would like to do mission training if only they can get scholarship for it.
- Students Hostel Renovation: (Tables, Chairs, Beds and foams, repair of leaking roof, Kitchen cabinets) – N5,000,000 (Five Million Naira only).
- 18-Seater Bus or Van: The management has plans to take missionary trainees out for evangelism to prisons, hospitals, rural areas, et cetera, on weekends and field trips and learning visits periodically, but lack of a bus or van has impeded that vision so far. With Ten Million Naira only (N10,000,000) NEMI can purchase an 18-seater school bus suitable for this purpose.